Rabbit care basics are all about how you should treat your pet rabbit. It is about how they will be able to live a healthy life in your hands. But for you to be able to give them the love and attention they need you must be familiar with some of the guidelines of rabbit care basic which is very important in handling pet rabbits. Their health is in your hands.
Another factor of rabbit care basic is how you should see to it that they are in god health. As an owner, you must always check if your pet rabbit is feeling fine. Rabbits can't talk that's why you must know whether they are sick or not. You also must see to it that they are getting the right kind of food for their age and situations.
Rabbits' need differ from their condition and breeds. Small rabbits does not require large amount of food and shelter. Pregnant rabbits do need extra amount of pellets and veggies to help her body function well especially the she have litters inside her that are also getting nourishment from all the food she takes.
Here are some important guidelines you must understand and follow about rabbit care basics:
1. When trimming their nails, you must dampen their paws first before trimming it but never overtrim their nails because it might bleed.
2. Do not use any flea soap or flea shampoo when bathing your rabbit. These could get into their eyes and could really harm them. When you are going to bathe them, use no tears shampoo and if you suspects that they have fleas in their coats, never use any flea products instead consult your vet about flea comb.
3. See to it that your pet rabbit gets the right kind of food in right amount. Pellets should be given º cups every day and should also have their veggies and fruits too.
4. Always give your pet rabbits fresh and clean water. Rabbits are fluid drinkers and they could get dehydrated easily when they are not able to drink. If this happens, feed them with Pedialyte to replenish the loss fluid from their bodies.
5. A rabbit's cage should also be larger than his size so he can have enough room to move around.
6. Clean the cage at least twice a week.
7. Feed your pet rabbit with ample supply of oats and timothy hay.
8. Let your pet rabbit do his daily exercise and the ideal time for it is two hours every day.
9. Never give your pet rabbit any cedar because this might cause respiratory blockage or worse it could kill them when digested.